The Governing Body
The Governing Body is responsible for the long-term strategic and financial well-being of the school. It sets the vision and values of the school and develops strategic priorities in line with these. In addition, the Governing Body defines policy and approves plans for the schools. The GB develops a positive working relationship with the School Headteacher and supports her in her role, including performance planning and evaluation. However the role of the Governing Body is not to run the Schools on a day to day basis. This is the remit of the Headteacher and the Senior Leadership team.
The Governing Body is responsible for:
• Adopting a clear statement of the School’s mission, vision and values
• Establishing policies consistent with these statements
• Developing and periodically reviewing strategic goals in order to fulfil the school’s mission, motto and vision
• Monitoring and supporting school leaders and the Leadership Team in their ability to deliver on these strategic goals
• Selecting, supporting, nurturing, and evaluating the schools’ Leadership Team
• Ensuring the Headteacher recruits, retains, rewards, and develops the highest calibre of teaching staff.
• Ensuring that the School and the Board operate in compliance with Cameroonian laws and regulations,
• Communicating its decisions widely while keeping its deliberations confidential
• Engaging proactively with the schools’ Headteacher in cultivating and maintaining good relations with all stakeholders and the broader community
• Acting as a final appeals committee in line with all school policies on issues that cannot be resolved by the Headteacher alone.
The following are members of the Board of Governors:
The Bridge international school FOUNDER
Mr Helle is the founder of the School. He has an immense passion for Education which compelled him to invest in the creation of the Bridge International School.
Father Michel A.T NGANTCHOP
Father Mich holds a specialised higher degree in Education from the University of Sussex in the United Kingdom. He also holds a PhD in Education Pedagogy. He has extensive knowledge in the cross-cultural teaching and learning owing to his academic experiences in multiple international contexts. Among other duties, Father Michel is a consultant in education, specialised in teaching and learning processes, assessment and teacher education. His recent tasks include the conception and founding of entrepreneurial universities; the initiation and preparation of young university lecturers for improved performance and better learning outcomes; and the conception and implementation of training modules for students leadership in some public and private secondary school around Fako Division. Father Mich is also a lecturer at the local Catholic University and participates in the training of young men for the Roman Catholic Priesthood.
Mrs. Pamela Ngassa is a Parent Governor of The Bridge with 4 children and has been a resource person in organising school activities. She is a Pastor with a vibrant professional career and currently works with Standard Chartered Bank as a Banker. She brings on board her rich experience as Board member in many other international institutions. She believes and greatly values International Education.
Mrs. Fabiola Fokumlah is a Community Governor, she is an experienced Administrator presently working with the Catholic University Institute of Buea, Douala campus. She is passionate in helping children realise their potential, assists them improve in wider society and eventually follow the career of their dream. She is a promoter of culture in learning and is willing to help improve outreach and parental involvement in the Bridge community.
She had previously worked in implementing Hands-on-Learning as a pedagogic vision at a renowned primary school. She is currently responsible of students’ affairs at the Catholic University Institute of Buea Diocese.
Ms. Magdalene Mwigio is the Staff Governor; she is an ICT Teacher and the school Librarian for some years now at The Bridge International School. She believes in good quality and excellent education. She hopes to empower the students and positively bring on board perspectives from the non-teaching and teaching staff.
Mr. Muenkeme Mugagga is the Secretary of the Board by appointment. He is an administrator and Personal Assistant to the Executive Director. He has over 6 years of experience as an administrator at the Catholic University of Cameroon, Catuc, Bamenda. At TBIS his functions include: Communications Manager, School Facility Officer, manages procurement. He also works with the Marketing Department as Communication Officer, and as Facility Manager, he oversees the organisation of various school events.