Welcome to the Early Years section of The Bridge International School. We lay a solid foundation that provides your children with exciting and rewarding experiences. We provide a basic foundation for your child’s education and make each child’s first experience with school is a successful and happy one. As teachers and parents we must remember, and keep in mind, that a positive self-image is the main ingredient to a child’s success; as such, our job as parents and teachers is to make this a priority. As we look forward to nurturing and moulding these little ones, we are reminded that Knowledge enters the mind gradually, almost unconsciously. It is the teacher’s job to sow it like a seed, tend to it with encouragement and love, and nurture it while it grows and blooms. Our teachers, specialists, and support staff endeavour to create such an atmosphere for all our students to grow and develop.
In Early Years, when pupils are in the Day care or foundation class, there are seven areas of learning and development:
- Communication and language development involves giving children opportunities to experience a rich language environment, to develop their confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations.
- Physical Education provides opportunities for young children to be active and interactive, to develop their coordination, control and movement, to understand the importance of physical activity and make healthy choices in relation to food.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves and others, to form positive relationships and develop respect for others, to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings, to understand appropriate behaviour in groups and have confidence in their own abilities.
- Literacy development involves encouraging children to link sounds and letters to foster reading and writing.
- Mathematics involves providing children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, calculating simple addition – subtraction problems, describing shapes, spaces and measures.
- Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
- Expressive Arts and Design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, movement, role play, design and technology.
Welcome to The Bridge International school! We know you will enjoy being here as a family and working towards achieving the best for your child.
With two highly qualified teachers and one teaching assistant all children are able to access the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum through tailor-made learning opportunities. We have also introduced a new system of recording the children’s progress with Online Learning Journals. This is an innovation in the EYFS arena and we are looking forward to engaging more learning and assessment tools.
Foundation children also have the opportunity to learn from our subject specialists in the main school; they have lessons in ICT, music, PE and games. In the afternoons, the children follow an activity program which contains a wide range of different topics. These include gardening, arts and crafts, cookery and ICT.
Our Foundation Class is a fun and caring environment for your children and a great start to the EYFS. We would love for you to come and have a look at all the fantastic work that the children do, so please get in touch and come for a visit.
In this class, children learn phonics, literacy and mathematical concepts with the British educational system guidelines. The focus is on active, play-based learning and children develop skills through creative play, songs and story sessions.
Each term there is a different topic through which Literacy and Numeracy skills are developed. These topics are supported and complemented by both off-site trips and visiting speakers coming into school to talk to the children.
Children in Reception also have lessons in the main school with some of our specialist teachers. They have a weekly Computer lesson where they are taught programs and basic packages. They undertake two Music lessons a week with our Head of Music, which include voice and percussion techniques along with understanding rhythm and tempo. Within the PE and Games curriculum, Reception children are taught ball skills, tennis, gymnastics dance and athletics.
Our Nursery accepts children who are three years old.
Emphasis is placed upon developing and improving motor skills, mark making in a number of media and social interaction. This is achieved through a combination of games, toys, art and craft, colouring, music and movement and exploratory play. This is in conjunction with a range of teacher led activities where there is more directed early childhood education relating to the chosen topic of that term.
The Nursery children also have computing lessons with our subject specialist in ICT. They are escorted to the ICT Suite once a week to learn basic computer packages such as 2paint and 2draw and they concentrate on mouse control.
Welcome to Our Pre-School Program “Day Care Centre”
Welcome to TBIS Day Care Centre! Day care at The Bridge International School is open for enrollments for children from 6 months to 2 years old. The approach to teaching and learning at this stage is based on three pillars; quality care, quality staff and partnership with parents. Our learning through play curriculum is designed to enable children to flourish physically, academically, personally, socially and emotionally. Children are in the best possible setting for their learning, development and all-round happiness. Day Care teachers will plan learning experiences that allow each child to ”SPARKLE’’ by providing sensory, physical, auditory, real, kinesthetic learning experiences.
We are looking forward to getting to know you and your child. In this class, we will work on self-help skills, small and large motor skills, communication, and several other cognitive and social skills.
At the Bridge we care, we share, we learn together and we are passionate about making a difference to your child’s welbeing.